Don't blink—you might miss the next social media trend.
So what's more than a passing fad? What's here to stay, and what should you pay attention to?
• Video, in general, and more specifically, livestreaming: Facebook Live videos are watched three times longer than regular videos, the graphic says.
• Augmented reality and AI: The graphic predicts that 30% of our chat conversation will be with chatbots next year.
• Increased brand participation in "dark social": Brands are figuring out how to use messaging apps like WhatsApp, Messenger, and WeChat—collectively referred to as "dark social" (i.e., not publicly visible), but a bright idea nonetheless.
For all nine predictions about social media trends, see the infographic:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Simple Tips and Tropes for Writing Engaging Social Media Copy
- How to Create Engaging Instagram Carousel Posts [Infographic]
- Set Your Marketing Ablaze: Ryan Stewart Talks Cannabis Marketing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Are Marketers Friends With Their Coworkers on Social Media?
- Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make on Instagram, and What to Do Instead