Don't blink—you might miss the next social media trend.
So what's more than a passing fad? What's here to stay, and what should you pay attention to?
• Video, in general, and more specifically, livestreaming: Facebook Live videos are watched three times longer than regular videos, the graphic says.
• Augmented reality and AI: The graphic predicts that 30% of our chat conversation will be with chatbots next year.
• Increased brand participation in "dark social": Brands are figuring out how to use messaging apps like WhatsApp, Messenger, and WeChat—collectively referred to as "dark social" (i.e., not publicly visible), but a bright idea nonetheless.
For all nine predictions about social media trends, see the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Is B2B TikTok Right for Your Business? Three Questions to Ask
- Google vs. Social Media Algorithms: What's the Difference? [Infographic]
- Marketers' Top Worries About Twitter
- Five Qualities of an Exceptional Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- How to Use Instagram Landing Pages for Increased Engagement
- The Types of Social Media Content Employees Are Most Likely to Share