In 2017, digital agency E2M published an animated infographic of Google's biggest search algorithm updates from 2016, and this year the list has been updated to show some of the biggest updates from 2017.
Google made several known updates to its algorithm last year, including some major changes that led to fluctuations in the rankings of websites.
Mainly, however, Google favored user-first and mobile-first experiences over everything else.
For example, 2017 kicked off with an update that penalized websites that used interstitials that hid content. Then, later in the year, changes were made so search results were more location-based than they previously had been.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Position Your B2B Brand for Search: Garrett Mehrguth on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Top 4 Impactful SEO Trends Today
- What Your Customers' Searches Can Tell You. Are You Paying Attention?
- Don't Let Your CMS Migration Go South: SEO and Related Considerations
- Younger and Wordier: How Gen Z's Search Behavior Is Different