In 2017, digital agency E2M published an animated infographic of Google's biggest search algorithm updates from 2016, and this year the list has been updated to show some of the biggest updates from 2017.
Google made several known updates to its algorithm last year, including some major changes that led to fluctuations in the rankings of websites.
Mainly, however, Google favored user-first and mobile-first experiences over everything else.
For example, 2017 kicked off with an update that penalized websites that used interstitials that hid content. Then, later in the year, changes were made so search results were more location-based than they previously had been.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- SEO vs. Google Ads: Which Approach Is More Effective?
- The Most Common SEO Issues Impacting Crawlability and Indexability
- How to Adapt to the Zero-Click Phenomenon and Dwindling Page One Organic Search Results
- Five Google Ads Tips to Help You Become a Better PPC Marketer
- How to Position Your B2B Brand for Search: Garrett Mehrguth on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]