In 2017, digital agency E2M published an animated infographic of Google's biggest search algorithm updates from 2016, and this year the list has been updated to show some of the biggest updates from 2017.
Google made several known updates to its algorithm last year, including some major changes that led to fluctuations in the rankings of websites.
Mainly, however, Google favored user-first and mobile-first experiences over everything else.
For example, 2017 kicked off with an update that penalized websites that used interstitials that hid content. Then, later in the year, changes were made so search results were more location-based than they previously had been.
The infographic highlights the top Google search algorithm updates from 2017 that are worth noting. Check it out here:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Search Engine Marketing Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- Eight Essential On-Page SEO Elements to Focus On [Infographic]
- Color Wheel Theory: Your New SEO Content Framework
- How Search Changed Last Year [Infographic]
- How Author Authority Affects Search Rankings
- SEO, Backlinks, and BEO: Three Pillars for Stronger PR and Brand Awareness
- How AI Will Affect Delivering Relevant Search Results