It's the holy grail of social media marketing: How do you get users to share content?
Some key takeaways from the graphic include...
Facebook is king. Despite the rise in popularity of channels like LinkedIn and Twitter, Facebook still tops the charts with over 90% of all social sharing taking place on the popular platform.
Infographics dominate. But listicles are not far behind. The number of videos shared isn't (yet) as high other types of content, but the number of videos consumed on social media in general continues to climb.
Emotions count. People share content for all sorts of reasons, such as feeling inspired, angered, amused, or even sad. Sharers like to promote a positive personal identity through shared content, which is a powerful concept to keep in mind when creating your business' social marketing strategy.
To see who is sharing what, when, and why, check out the infographic. Just tap or click to see a larger version.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Power Up Your B2B Marketing Efforts With Influencer Marketing and Private Communities | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Which Types of Social Media Posts Get the Most Interactions?
- 10 Simple Ways to Get More B2B Leads From Instagram
- How Business Owners Feel About Threads [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Manage Online Comments—And Why You Need a Comment Strategy