It's the holy grail of social media marketing: How do you get users to share content?
Some key takeaways from the graphic include...
Facebook is king. Despite the rise in popularity of channels like LinkedIn and Twitter, Facebook still tops the charts with over 90% of all social sharing taking place on the popular platform.
Infographics dominate. But listicles are not far behind. The number of videos shared isn't (yet) as high other types of content, but the number of videos consumed on social media in general continues to climb.
Emotions count. People share content for all sorts of reasons, such as feeling inspired, angered, amused, or even sad. Sharers like to promote a positive personal identity through shared content, which is a powerful concept to keep in mind when creating your business' social marketing strategy.
To see who is sharing what, when, and why, check out the infographic. Just tap or click to see a larger version.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Marketers' Top Worries About Twitter
- Five Qualities of an Exceptional Social Media Manager [Infographic]
- How to Use Instagram Landing Pages for Increased Engagement
- The Types of Social Media Content Employees Are Most Likely to Share
- How to Find a Perfect Audience on Social Media [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections: Brooke Sellas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]