Images are key to making your social media posts get noticed. But those images—whether cover photos, profile pics, or visuals in timelines or news feeds—need to be the right type of images. And that means the right size—i.e. image display size.
The problem? Social platforms often change their guidelines on optimal display sizes.
The solution? An infographic by social media marketing and management platform Statusbrew that lays out the various image sizes, together with some tips, for seven of the most popular social media platforms.
For example, Facebook, which supports JPG, GIF, and PNG files, has a range of images and sizes to consider:
- Cover image size: 820x312px | maximum 100 KB
- Profile image size: minimum 180x180px
- Shared image size: 1200x630px
- Highlighted image size: 1200x717px
- Event image size: 1920x1080px
- Facebook stories dimension: 1080x1920px
Check out the infographic for similar info for Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, and YouTube:
Continue reading "Social Media Image Sizes in 2019 [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How Including Links in LinkedIn Posts Affects Engagement
- The Benefits of LinkedIn for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- Five Useful LinkedIn Hashtags for Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Succeed With Video on 6 Popular Social Networks [Infographic]
- How to Make Sure Your Social Media Strategy Succeeds: Take a Cross-Discipline Approach