Do we ever, these days, have time to pause, contemplate, assess, strategize—to go beyond the day-to-day to delve into some deep thinking?
And yet, if we're ever going to be at our productive best, and to realize our potential—at work, in our careers, and in our personal lives—we need to think deeply.
Maybe we can learn how one of the most successful businesspeople ever, Bill Gates, does just that.
An infographic from online reservations and travel company Reservations.com explains how Gates goes on biannual seven-day retreats to disconnect... and do some big thinking that has resulted in various Microsoft innovations.
True, not all of us can take a week off twice a year; still, we can learn some lessons from how Bill Gates recharges and refocuses. Check out the infographic:
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Five Tips for Negotiating a Better Salary [Infographic]
- Six Tips for Moving From B2B Marketer to Solutions Architect (And Why You Should)
- Five Tips for Avoiding Decision Fatigue During a Job Search [Infographic]
- Four Things Introverts Can Teach Us About Networking
- How to Grow Your Professional Network in the Digital-Only Era