TikTok is one of the fastest-growing social media platforms of 2019: The app's monthly installs surpassed those of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat this year. All indications are that its popularity will continue to grow.
So... what is it?
TikTok allows users to create and share micro-videos—up to 15 seconds long—and enhance those videos with songs as sound effects—a feature from lip-synching app Musical.ly, with which TikTok merged in 2017.
Video content has steadily grown in popularity in recent years, especially among digital natives, who have adopted video-first platforms such as YouTube—and TikTok—en masse.
Is there a way marketers can use this rising video-based social network as an innovative way to promote their brands and products?
An infographic by One Productions, a video marketing and production agency, explains what TikTok is, its functions and features, relevant stats, where it's used and by whom, advertising options, and case studies.
Check it out:
Continue reading "TikTok: The Next Big Thing in Video Marketing? [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- The Benefits of Talking About Sustainability on LinkedIn [Infographic]
- How to Know Whether TikTok Is Right for You or Your Business: Wave Wyld on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Video Ad Specs That Work Across Social Networks [Infographic]
- Does Using More Hashtags on Instagram Increase Views?
- Engagement Trends for Four Major Social Networks [Infographic]
- Four Social Media Design Trends for 2022 [Infographic]