At the beginning of 2020, senior marketers predicted various trends for the year ahead, including increasing content overload for audiences, the need to develop empathetic marketing approaches, and the growing importance of harnessing customer data.
Of course, none of those experts could have foretold that COVID-19 would upend the lives of customers, shake the markets, and drive businesses to rework their marketing programs.
So, how do marketing experts feel about their 2020 soothsaying in light of the pandemic?
To find out, PAN Communications asked some of the marketers who shared their opinions at the start of the year to revisit their earlier predictions.
An infographic (below) looks at the revised opinions of these industry leaders and explores what they think marketers should be watching closely in the second half of 2020.
Check out the infographic:
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
Marketing Strategy Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Communities Are the Future of Marketing | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Role of Authenticity in the Online Path to Purchase [Infographic]
- World-Class Case Studies; They Ask, You Answer; and Building Trust on the Internet: Marcus Sheridan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Product Line Strategy: Five Approaches
- How to Build a Successful Go-to-Market Campaign Plan: Pam Didner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Marketing Growth Triad: Data, Tech, and Creativity