When attempting to execute a successful earned-media strategy, it is hugely beneficial for a firm's marketing and communications teams to be aligned.
However, more than half of marketing and comms leaders say there isn't strong alignment on their company's earned-media efforts.
That disconnect begins with priorities: Comms leaders say earned media requires the fewest resources, whereas Marketing leaders say owed media requires the fewest resources.
How can that gap be bridged?
A recent infographic (below) from the CMO Council explores why Marketing and Comms are often on different pages regarding earned media and how the two functions can be brought together.
Check out the infographic:
Continue reading "How Marketing and Comms Can Team Up on Earned Media [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Creating a Better Audience Experience: Oli Gardner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Senior Marketers Set Their Budgets
- The Great Compression and the Future of Marketing Post-Pandemic: Mitch Joel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Four Tips for Implementing Agile Strategies in Your Marketing to Increase Efficiency and Results
- Brand-to-Demand: A Powerful Approach for Marketers [Infographic]