What does a copywriter do exactly? The answer is both less confusing and more complex than you might think.
At its core the job simply entails creating text that moves readers toward taking an action.
However, because text can now appear in so many different contexts—from blog posts and ads to tweets and product descriptions—a successful copywriter must often be a jack-of-all-trades.
An infographic (below) from Express Writers delves into the details of modern copywriting, covering everything from what it is and which skills are required to how to break into the industry.
Check out the infographic for the details:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Build B2B Marketing Trust With Evidence-Based Content: Melanie Deziel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Cost of Poor Business Writing
- 12 Reasons User-Generated Content Is Important for Brands [Infographic]
- Why You Need a Branded Podcast (And How to Create and Brand Yours)
- Five Trends Fueling the Rise of Visual, Data-Driven Storytelling [Infographic]
- Seven Tips for Writing Content Effectively [Infographic]