The estimates of search volume were based on anonymized clickstream data provided by third-party data providers.
An infographic (below) consisting of charts explores how search volume for terms related to various marketing goals (increasing brand awareness, driving traffic, etc.) varied over a 15-month period.
The researchers found that terms related to the outcome of building backlinks spiked and then dropped in the period examined, whereas interest in goals like boosting brand authority and improving SEO had more sustained increases.
Check out the infographic for more insights:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- What Is Marketing Strategy? A Brief Introduction
- Market Research for B2B Marketing Success: Jim Longo on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What Six Popular Colors Convey in Marketing [Infographic]
- The Role of Data in B2B Go-To-Market Strategies
- Four Steps Marketers Can Take to Drive Growth During a Recession
- The Most Important Elements of a B2B Multichannel Strategy