Do hiring managers tend to check job applicants' social media accounts before making a hiring decision?
Fully 62% say they always do, and 29% say they sometimes do, according to a recent survey of 233 hiring managers conducted by Skynova.
Why do hiring managers check? Most say they do so to get more detail on an applicant's professional background (57% cite that as a reason) and to get a sense of their personality (54%).
An infographic (below) explores those insights and additional findings from the survey.
Check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- How to Cultivate Curiosity Throughout Your Career [Infographic]
- What Employers Look for When Hiring Social Media Managers
- Many Roads to CMO: The Backgrounds of 20 Top Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Reach the Right Candidates With Programmatic Recruitment
- Digital Marketing Salary Trends for 2022
- The Top 10 Workplace Skills Trending on Search [Infographic]