Do hiring managers tend to check job applicants' social media accounts before making a hiring decision?
Fully 62% say they always do, and 29% say they sometimes do, according to a recent survey of 233 hiring managers conducted by Skynova.
Why do hiring managers check? Most say they do so to get more detail on an applicant's professional background (57% cite that as a reason) and to get a sense of their personality (54%).
An infographic (below) explores those insights and additional findings from the survey.
Check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- Unlearn So You Can Succeed: Why (And How) You Should Rewrite Your Playbook
- 2023 Salary Guide: Pay Forecasts for Marketing, Content, and PR Positions
- How Much Content Marketers Make: Salaries for Seven Positions
- Resonate, Differentiate, and Substantiate: What Top Salespeople Do Differently
- The Most (and Least) Innovative Cities in America [Infographic]
- Burned Out But Staying: The State of Today's Workforce [Infographic]