Market segmentation—dividing your target audiences into smaller categories that share similar characteristics—can be a powerful approach for marketers.
A few ways it can benefit your brand include helping to create hyper-targeted ads, build stronger relationships with your customers, and identify your most motivated audiences.
So, which filters can you use to segment your market?
An infographic (below) from Semrush explores six criteria that are often utilized by marketers: geographic, demographic, psychographic, behavioral, media, and benefit.
Check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- What Is Marketing Strategy? A Brief Introduction
- Market Research for B2B Marketing Success: Jim Longo on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What Six Popular Colors Convey in Marketing [Infographic]
- The Role of Data in B2B Go-To-Market Strategies
- Four Steps Marketers Can Take to Drive Growth During a Recession
- The Most Important Elements of a B2B Multichannel Strategy