Analytics in the early days of the World Wide Web consisted mainly of simple hit counters that tracked page views.
How times have changed.
Today, Web analytics tools can deliver everything from page heat maps to purchase probabilities.
An infographic (below) from InfoTrust explores that evolution, focusing largely on Google Analytics.
It also looks at what the future holds for analytics.
Check out the infographic:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Metrics & Measurement:
- Google Analytics 4 Is Almost Here—It's Time to Test and Prepare
- Measuring the Immeasurable: Customer Loyalty Metrics
- B2B E-Commerce: Six Common Return-on-Ad-Spend Measurement Mistakes
- Why Your Customer Experience Metrics Are Lying to You
- Six KPIs Marketers Should Be Tracking [Infographic]
- Why Google Analytics 4 Requires Your Immediate Attention: Katie Robbert on Marketing Smarts