Being funny is good, right?
Sometimes it is. Humor in marketing can grab attention and make your brand memorable.
But there are also downsides to looking for laughs. If your jokes fall flat, you can offend and annoy audiences.
An infographic (below) from Media Update looks at the pros and cons for marketers of using humor (or "humour", as the South African publication spells it).
Check out the infographic:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Key to Thriving Digital Communities: Love Thy Neighbor
- B2B Multichannel Marketing: Top Channels, Trends, and Challenges
- How to Nurture Your Marketing Message [Infographic]
- Digital Marketing for Biotech Companies: From Clinical Trials to Clicks
- Undivided Attention: A Key Benefit of Traditional Mail Marketing
- B2B Branding, Stories, Social Efforts, and Disruptive Innovation for Your Company | Marketing Smarts Live Show