A No-Panic, 10 Step Self-Audit for Email Deliverability Failure
- Tom Sather
- Valerie Witt
- Thu., Oct. 21, 2010, 12pm ET (9am PT)
- 90 minutes
You know it's a bad day when you realize that Yahoo! is blocking all of your email messages and your website, ecommerce engine and inside sales phones have all ground to a silent halt. Who can fix this for you? Can you just call someone? Unfortunately, it's not that simple.
The best way to avoid this crisis is to not get blocked in the first place. Lots of deliverability experts will tell you to increase your email permission levels or reduce your email frequency or be more relevant in your email content ... but these are all long term solutions to your short term, immediate panic situation! What you really need is some common sense advice that gets you over the hump. You'll reform your email marketing ways in the future if someone—anyone!—can get this block lifted before the CEO comes back to check on your progress!
There is no silver bullet to solve this problem, but there are some ways to make this a smoother and less frightening experience. We'll discuss some real deliverability problems and how they were resolved, and provide tips to solve your deliverability problems should this type of thing ever happen to you. Not that it would, of course. We all know this only happens to the other guy, right?!
Tom Sather is an email deliverability consultant for Return Path where he works with top-brand clients like eBay, MySpace, IBM and Twitter. Tom's previous experience includes stints with email service provider Experian and work on the abuse desks for AOL, Bellsouth, AT&T, and GTE. Tom uses his knowledge of ISPs, spam filters and deliverability rules to advise marketers on how to get their email delivered to the inbox and generate the highest possible response. Tom's clients have seen an average increase of 20% in deliverability rates.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone tasked to generate more revenue and conversions from email marketing.
- Anyone who has had messages blocked by a major ISP/mailbox provider, and who struggled to resolve the issue while revenue took a hit.
- Anyone who wants to understand the changes by Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo! that make it harder to reach the inbox.
What Will You Learn?
- "OMG! Yahoo! (or Gmail) is blocking us! What do I do?"
- Five things you can do to make any ISP postmaster outreach go more smoothly
- Four resources to check for data that helps you understand inbox deliverability failure
- Three ways to use deliverability data to make better decisions about what to send this week
- How to calculate the cost of inbox deliverability failure (and the opportunity for success!)
You have two choices. You can pay as you go, buying single sessions that interest you. Or you can buy a PRO membership, and attend all our new PRO seminars and Take 10 webcasts over the next year, plus watch hundreds more from our library on-demand.