Metrics: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Metrics and KPIs Used Most to Measure Marketing PerformanceAyaz NanjiWhich metrics and KPIs are most often reported to CMOs and other top marketers? Do high-performing brands pay closer attention to certain types of metrics or KPIs?
Five Effective Customer-Data Tactics: Resolutions for the New YearCory MunchbachMarketers know that collecting and using customer data is central to generating positive business results. But, as always, the devil is in the details. Use these five tactics in 2017 ...
The Four Pillars of Performance for Digital Marketing CampaignsTom BurgEven as marketing changes at breakneck speed, some things stay the same. The four pillars of performance have withstood the test of time, so keep them in mind to improve ...
Why You Need Data Wrangling If You Want Data-Driven MarketingJoe ScheuermannAlthough diverse and complex data holds the promise of robust insights, its sheer volume and variety can create bottlenecks as data analysis becomes increasingly labor-intensive. Which is why data must ...
Five Steps to Integrating Your Blog, Social Media, and Email MarketingJoe GriffinHow do you unify efforts with different team members, initiatives, and strategies for your blog, email, and social media marketing? You need a content strategy that accounts for each channel. ...
The Future of PR: Tech-Driven Media Intelligence [Infographic]Vahe HabeshianIf PR is to retain its importance, PR professionals and firms will need to be able to demonstrate results; and, for that, they will need to have ready access to ...
Marketing ROI: How to Get Actionable Insights From Google AnalyticsJennifer BlackburnWhat Google Analytics data should marketers home in on to help executives understand the impact of marketing content and online efforts on delivering value through the sales funnel?
Supercharge Your Email Marketing With Phone CallsKyle ChristensenEmail remains one of the most effective ways to drive sales and build lasting customer relationships. But marketers are in a constant battle to improve deliverability and engagement. What to ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook Sets Sights on LinkedIn, Trials TV Ads (Kinda): 13 Stories This WeekChristian NeriFacebook steps on LinkedIn's turf with a job-posting feature and begins to trial selling ads on TV screens; hope for Viners as Twitter considers selling it; Facebook revives gaming hopes ...
Six Content Performance Metrics You Can't Live WithoutThomas CaultonPublishing content and hoping it's getting you results is one thing, but how can you actually measure the performance of your content? This article outlines six metrics that will help ...
Metrics: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Funnel Metrics, Attribution, and Measuring Marketing ROI in Any Industry: Christine Vermes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChristine Vermes, vice-president of marketing at sales and marketing analytics company Full Circle Insights, discusses funnel metrics and attribution, and how to measure marketing ROI in any industry, from software and technology to the game of polo.
If You're Not Gating Your Videos, You're Doing It Wrong: Kristen Craft of Wistia on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneKristen Craft of video hosting company Wistia shares the secret to creating video content that converts.
Embrace Revenue Responsibility With 'Full Funnel Marketing': Author Matt Heinz on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFull Funnel Marketing author Matt Heinz explains why (and how) marketers should embrace revenue-based metrics to demonstrate Marketing's impact on the organization.
For Marketing Success, the Rx Is UX: Tracy Rosecrans of Healthline on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTracy Rosecrans, SVP of marketing and product for Healthline media, explains how she used content, UX, and SEO to transform Healthline.com into the fastest-growing health information site in the US, with more than 40 million monthly unique views.
B2B Data-Driven Marketing: Author Ruth Stevens on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneRuth Stevens discusses her new book, B2B Data-Driven Marketing, shares tips on how to collect and use data to improve B2B marketing results, and offers insights from her time as a senior marketer at companies like Time Warner and IBM.
Measuring the B2B Customer Journey: SmartBear CMO Bryan Semple on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSmartBear CMO and MarketingProfs University instructor Bryan Semple shares insights on marketing measurement and the B2B customer journey.
Power Up Through Experiential Marketing: Shell's Chris Hayek Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Hayek, director of global brand management for Shell Lubricants, explains his approach to integrated marketing, communicating innovation, and creating experiences that bring the brand to life for consumers.
The Marketing Performance Blueprint: PR 20/20 Founder Paul Roetzer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePaul Roetzer—founder of inbound marketing agency PR 20/20, author of The Marketing Agency Blueprint—shares tips for smart staffing and measuring marketing results from his latest book, The Marketing Performance Blueprint.
Tips for Wrangling Content (and Cattle): Spredfast CMO Jim Rudden Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSpredfast CMO Jim Rudden discusses trends in social marketing, content strategy, and using existing content to make "content risotto."
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Metrics: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Hack the Conversation: Discover Insights Through Social DataBroadcast on 11/17/2016 with Jason FallsIn this PRO seminar, we'll share examples of companies using conversation research to drive product innovation, address customer experience issues, and inform messaging and communications. You'll leave with a practical approach to help you begin mining your online conversations to discover important data and insights.
- Tell Your Story With DataBroadcast on 11/15/2016 with Emily W. SalusJoin us for this free seminar to learn what data is important at the tactical, managerial, and executive levels. You'll also discover how to interpret that data and create useful reports that will help you and your team improve your marketing—and tell your brand story. Sponsored by BrightFunnel
- MarketingProfs University: Zero to Hero—How to Gain Impactful Insights From Your DataBroadcast on 4/14/2016 with Jim SterneIn this PRO seminar, Jim Sterne will define big data and outline what it takes to become a digital marketing analyst (or at least know what to look for in one!). You'll learn how to understand your data and tools, and dissect the problems to be solved. We'll also cover the art of data analysis and how to communicate your findings to the C-suite.
- 10 Powerful Tips for Getting More From Your AnalyticsBroadcast on 3/19/2015 with Michele KissIn this PRO seminar, we'll provide you with 10 tips and actions you can implement immediately to do more with your data—no expensive tools required! Whether you have an analytics team or you have no support at all, we'll show you how to get more from your data and so you can stop struggling and start gaining valuable insight.
- MarketingProfs University: The Metrics That Matter—Making Sense of the NoiseBroadcast on 2/12/2015 with Paul RoetzerIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to determine and separate the most important data from the extraneous. You'll walk away with the tools to use relevant data to bring a sense of structure to the numbers, and gain the clarity and confidence to direct future marketing campaigns.
- How to Use Testing to Improve Website ConversionsBroadcast on 12/11/2014 with Justin RondeauIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the steps you should take to use testing to increase your conversion rates. You'll learn what elements to focus on, including lead generation pages, the homepage, and buttons. You'll walk away with new ideas that you can apply to your website and landing pages immediately.
- How to Use Metrics to Achieve Greater Results From Your Next ExhibitBroadcast on 10/16/2014 with Joe FederbushIn this PRO seminar, we'll share how exhibitors, regardless of size or budget, can develop and execute an effective and strategic event marketing measurement strategy. You'll learn how to use the right tools to justify your event's budget, and take away tried-and-true tips such as how to calculate the optimal booth size and number of personnel needed to achieve maximum results.
- MarketingProfs University: Finding the True Value of Your Online Marketing CampaignsBroadcast on 4/10/2014 with Ruth BurrIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how web marketing programs should target the "sweet spot" between website performance and campaign performance, allowing marketers to take a whole-funnel approach.
- The Power of More: How Knowing More About Your Website Visitors Drives Greater ROIBroadcast on 6/20/2013 with Marc Engelsman, Ben YurchakThis seminar will delve into some of the challenges marketers face when extracting meaningful and actionable insights from their web analytics data and lead you to more—more leads, more conversions, more sales, more ROI.
- How to Optimize and Measure Trade Show ROIBroadcast on 11/8/2012 with Skip CoxThis PRO seminar will provide marketers with a proven approach to accurately measuring the results of their events efforts.
Metrics: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Email Marketing Strategies—Out With the Old, In With the NewReleased on 5/15/2015 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to align your email efforts with changing technology, increase open and click through rates, and grow your email ROI. We'll show you how to create a whole new life for your emails by sweeping away dusty, outdated practices.
- Take 10: How to Interpret Data to Create Great ContentReleased on 9/26/2014 with Hana AbazaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn what data can drive key areas of your content marketing strategy, including content ideation and content distribution. You'll walk away with a clear understanding of how to interpret your data, and how to turn that insight into great content.
- Take 10: The Four Most Important Reports in Google AnalyticsReleased on 6/13/2014 with Peter PlattIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn which reports are most important, and how to use this information to assist you in future campaigns. You'll walk away with a better understanding of Google Analytics, and how to get the most out of your metrics and reporting.
- Take 10: How to Strike a Balance Between Analytics and CreativityReleased on 3/14/2014 with Kathleen SchultzIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the top two skills an artist and a scientist must possess and how they mesh together to deliver sales and profitability to your business.
- Take 10: How to Set Up Your Metrics for a Successful CampaignReleased on 1/24/2014 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll review the various data capture methods available, which methods are appropriate for each communication type, and the guidelines you should use to choose the right metrics for a successful campaign.
- Take 10: How to Create Goals in Google AnalyticsReleased on 9/20/2013 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to set up basic goals in Google Analytics so you can start to evaluate your website traffic right away.
- Take 10: Selecting the Right Metrics to Measure Campaign SuccessReleased on 6/21/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with guidelines for choosing the right metrics for your campaign so you can get right to measuring your tremendous success.
- Take 10: Demonstrate Marketing Success by Setting Clear ObjectivesReleased on 6/14/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with guidelines you'll want to follow in order to set clear objectives. If you follow these tips, you'll be able to clearly demonstrate marketing success in a language that your senior management team understands.
- Take 10: Tips to Measure Your Trade Show Success in Real TimeReleased on 4/5/2013 with Rob MurphyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn easy, do-it-yourself tips for measuring your trade show program—in real time.
- Take 10: How to Use Predictive Analytics to Better Your BusinessReleased on 11/23/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to successfully use predictive analytics to optimize your campaigns and improve customer experience.
Metrics: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- B2B Lead Generation: Marketing ROI & Performance Evaluation StudyMarketingProfs research studies the effectiveness and performance of lead generation comparing quantity to quality.
- Small Biz How-To Guide: Market ResearchNeed to learn about your customers without the big price tag of market research firms? This guide on do-it-yourself market research will help you get the information you need to position your business without emptying the corporate coffers.
- Marketing Metrics How-To GuideMetrics is the guiding light of your marketing efforts. Without measurements, you're operating in the dark. Make sure you are tracking the right metrics, and get tips on interpreting the data with this comprehensive guide.
- Market Forecasting TemplateThis guide will give you a mini-seminar on the art and the science of forecasting. Learn the four different ways to create forecasting models and choose the ones that best suit your needs. Then follow these easy-to-follow steps to creating a model where you too can predict the future.
- Trade Show Marketing TemplateTrade show marketing is a high-risk, high-reward endeavor. This Template provides a sytematic look at trade show marketing. It walks you through selection and promotion, to follow-up and measurement. This step-by-step guide will insure your trade show marketing is effective, efficient, measurable, and successful.
- Marketing ROI and the Sales FunnelIn this guide, you will learn how to structure, motivate and measure the marketing and sales functions to maximize profit. Topics include: 1) a high-level self-assessment to determine potential sources of profit leakage; 2) how to map out and improve strategies related to the buying cycle; 3) how to apply marketing ROI principles to create strategies to reduce and recycle leakage from the buying cycle; and 4) how to leverage insight on your key profit drivers and customer-level analysis to improve profitability.