Out of 50 industry categories, advertising and marketing rank No. 2 in NetProspex's Social Industry Analysis. Search engines and online portals ranked No. 1. When it comes to which jobs are most social, CMOs and other marketing professionals earned the top spot on the social ladder.
It turns out that West Coast cities are far ahead of east coast when it comes to social media usage among businesspeople. San Jose, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver and Seattle all cracked the Top 10 list, while New York City and Boston were the only two East Coast cities that made the Top 10 list. My town (Phoenix) ranked No. 28. Phoenix comes in at No. 5 nationwide for the top Twitter cities, New York is No. 1.
- The tobacco industry has the lowest numbers of Twitter users.
- Funeral homes don’t tweet.
- Industries related to medical care did not make the Top 50 list at all.
- Ranking among the least social media savvy on the list were employees in finance positions.
- While communications/PR employees finished third overall on the list, they ranked No. 1 in the Twitter category, outpacing CMOs/advertising directors.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Creativity in the Time of COVID: Author and 'Innovation Thinker' Dave Birss on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Strategies for B2B Executives: How to Boost Content Marketing ROI and Impact
- Why and How to Use LinkedIn Articles for Content Marketing (With Real Examples)
- Outsourcing Content Marketing? Here's How to Make That Partnership Successful
- A 12-Step Checklist for Creating Good Website Content [Infographic]