If you've ever heard George Carlin's famous "Seven Dirty Words" you can't say on TV, you can safely avoid using all seven in your subject lines. They will definitely get you blocked.
Here is a list of 100 more that you should avoid using as well.
Top 100 words/phrases NOT to use in your subject lines:
all words that relate to sex or pornography
all words that related to cures or medication
anything that looks like you are YELLING
as seen on Oprah
as seen on TV
be your own boss
contains word "ad"
double your anything
double your income
earn extra cash
g a p p y t e x t
get out of debt
information you requested
lower your mortgage rate
lowest insurance rates
multi level marketing
numerical digits at the end
search engine listings
starting with a dollar amount
stop or stops
work from home
You're a winner!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Email Behavior Trends for 2023
- How to Use Email Suppression Lists for Better Email Marketing
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 'Best' Use Cases for Unique Generative AI-Crafted Emails (Unfortunately!)
- New B2B Email Marketing Techniques That Work Right Now | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Top 10 Passive-Aggressive Workplace Email Phrases [Infographic]