If you've ever heard George Carlin's famous "Seven Dirty Words" you can't say on TV, you can safely avoid using all seven in your subject lines. They will definitely get you blocked.
Here is a list of 100 more that you should avoid using as well.
Top 100 words/phrases NOT to use in your subject lines:
all words that relate to sex or pornography
all words that related to cures or medication
anything that looks like you are YELLING
as seen on Oprah
as seen on TV
be your own boss
contains word "ad"
double your anything
double your income
earn extra cash
g a p p y t e x t
get out of debt
information you requested
lower your mortgage rate
lowest insurance rates
multi level marketing
numerical digits at the end
search engine listings
starting with a dollar amount
stop or stops
work from home
You're a winner!
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Email Marketing Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Five Ways to Realign Your Email Marketing to Your Overall Business Goals in 2023
- A 10-Step Plan for Maximizing Email Campaign Effectiveness [Infographic]
- Your Most Important Job as a B2B Email Marketer Is...
- The Email List Segments You Should Focus On [Infographic]
- 11 Jargon Phrases to Avoid Using in Work Emails [Infographic]
- How Much Time Do People Typically Spend Looking at an Email?