Today's marketers work in an environment in which they have access to thousands of tools and techniques for delivering their messages. But truly effective marketing campaigns come from first looking holistically and strategically at communication goals, then crafting narratives that best fit various delivery channels, including email.
When email marketing expert Tim Watson visited our offices to provide some expert insight into effective email design and copy, he sparked an interesting conversation about how to build a better email. And that got us thinking: What's next in email?
Our conclusion: creative custom content on the go!
- Interesting content is one of the top 3 reasons people follow brands on social media, so it makes sense that the creative content of an email marketing effort would be important to subscribers—possibly as important as the offer being presented.
- Moreover, creative email content likely motivates the consumer to take up the customized action you have defined: 90% of consumers find custom content useful, and 78% say organizations providing custom content are interested in building good relationships with them.
- Marketers are forecast to spend $2.3 billion on email marketing this year. To ensure the highest possible ROI, email needs captivating, creative techniques to ensure delivery, grab subscribers' attention, and drive them to take action.
With all that in mind, we at Mailigen believe the following six email trends will define email marketing in the years to come.
1. Wearable technology will change communication with email subscribers
Wearable technology may be a game-changer for creatively engaging with email subscribers.
Google, for one, has already taken steps toward a wearable-ready Gmail design in preparation of an eventual move toward wearable Android devices.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Year in Review: 2019's Important Developments in Email
- Five Ways to Boost Your Email Campaigns' Inbox Placement in 2020
- Emails Design Trends for 2020: The Future Is Here [Infographic]
- What You Should Know About Your Audience Before Creating the Perfect Email Workflow
- How Long Does It Take to Produce a Marketing Email?