The most effective methods for generating B2B sales leads are outbound marketing (telemarketing, virtual/remote sales), event marketing (tradeshows, webinars, and seminars), and online marketing (email newsletters, websites, search, and blogs), according to a recent report by InsideSales.com.
On the other hand, the B2B sales and marketing professionals surveyed rated social media as the least effective lead generation strategy.
Among the top social networks, LinkedIn was rated the most effective tool, but it still barely reached above the bottom quartile in marketing method effectiveness.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on a survey of 423 B2B professionals, the majority of whom (57%) have marketing budgets under $500k.
Most Common Lead Generation Methods
Company websites, email, and tradeshows are the most common methods employed in B2Bs' lead generation strategy.
The same effective methods of a lead generation strategy (outbound marketing, events, and online) were also rated highest for driving brand awareness.
Top B2B Marketing Challenges
Generating leads and improving the quality of those leads were rated as the biggest challenges faced in B2B marketing.
About the research: The report was based on a survey of 423 B2B sales and marketing professionals. Only 12% of respondents have marketing budgets large enough to allow them to undertake large scale campaigns such as broad reach marketing.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Sales:
- Selling in a Recession: Challenges and Training Opportunities
- Mastering Account Penetration: Four Essential Tactics for Sales Success
- B2B Revenue Marketing and Closing the Credibility Gap | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Crafting a Dynamic Go-to-Market Campaign Plan | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Rev Up the B2B Account-Based Demand Engine to Accelerate Results
- What Top Salespeople Do Differently Across the Sales Cycle [Infographic]