Perhaps not surprisingly, most marketers (80%) say they focus on "creating relevant and compelling content" in their emails. The next most popular tactics are personalization (72%) and segmentation (61%).
Other popular tactics are integrating email with other channels (55%), engaging email subscribers via social media (42%), and testing email messaging (42%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 518 global marketing and sales decision-makers.
- 51% say creating relevant and compelling content is the most effective email tactic.
- 15% say personalization is most effective and another 15% pick segmentation.
Creating relevant and compelling content is the most difficult tactic to execute, according to 40% of those who use it.
- 70% say their email programs are "somewhat successful" in achieving important objectives.
- Only 17% rate their email marketing programs as "very successful."
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 518 marketing and sales decision-makers from around the world (67% US-based, 16% Europe, 7% Canada, 10% Other).
Continue reading "The Most Commonly Used Email Marketing Tactics" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Why B2B Brands Face Unique—and Sometimes Self-Inflicted—Email Deliverability Challenges
- How iOS 15 Will Kill Email Open Rates—And How Marketers Can Prepare
- Apple's Hide My Email: A New Reason to Accept Only Corporate Email Addresses
- Email Marketing Stats You Need to Know [Infographic]
- Building Your Email Newsletter Is a Marathon, Not a Sprint