Perhaps not surprisingly, most marketers (80%) say they focus on "creating relevant and compelling content" in their emails. The next most popular tactics are personalization (72%) and segmentation (61%).
Other popular tactics are integrating email with other channels (55%), engaging email subscribers via social media (42%), and testing email messaging (42%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 518 global marketing and sales decision-makers.
- 51% say creating relevant and compelling content is the most effective email tactic.
- 15% say personalization is most effective and another 15% pick segmentation.
Creating relevant and compelling content is the most difficult tactic to execute, according to 40% of those who use it.
- 70% say their email programs are "somewhat successful" in achieving important objectives.
- Only 17% rate their email marketing programs as "very successful."
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 518 marketing and sales decision-makers from around the world (67% US-based, 16% Europe, 7% Canada, 10% Other).
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- Email Behavior Trends for 2023
- How to Use Email Suppression Lists for Better Email Marketing
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 'Best' Use Cases for Unique Generative AI-Crafted Emails (Unfortunately!)
- New B2B Email Marketing Techniques That Work Right Now | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The Top 10 Passive-Aggressive Workplace Email Phrases [Infographic]