Apple ranks as the top smartphone manufacturer, with a 41.6% share of US smartphone subscribers, and Samsung is second with 26.7%. The market share of both companies improved since October, according to comScore's analysis.
LG is the next most popular manufacturer (6.9% market share), followed by Motorola (6.4%), and HTC (5.4%).
Below, additional findings from the report, which was based on data from January 2014.
Platform Market Share
- Android ranks as the top smartphone platform, with a 51.7% market share (a -0.5 percentage point change from October)
- Apple is second with a 41.6% share (+1.0 point change since October),
Top Mobile Web Properties and Apps
- Google Sites rank as the top Web property on smartphones, reaching 89.4% of the US mobile media audience, followed by Facebook (86.6%), Yahoo Sites (86.2%), and Amazon Sites (69.0%).
- Facebook ranks as the top smartphone app, reaching 77.6% of the US app audience, followed by Google Play (52.4%), YouTube (49.7%), and Google Search (48.9%).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Mobile:
- How to Perform a Competitive Analysis of the Mobile App Market
- The State of SMS Marketing in 2022
- Why People Opt Out of (And In to) Mobile Notifications From Brands
- What People Use Their Smartphones for While at Work
- Five SMS Campaigns for B2B Marketers to Try
- How SMS Automation Bridges the Gap Between Your Sales Team and Customers and Supports Digital Transformation