The survey of 1,014 US consumers also found that nearly all respondents (96%) say they find videos "helpful" when making purchase decisions online.
In particular, 93% find online videos useful when comparison-shopping, 87% find them helpful for researching additional items from the same brand, and 93% find them valuable for instructions post-purchase.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 71% of respondents say watching video content produced by businesses leaves them with a positive impression of those brands.
- 64% find it helpful to watch videos to learn more about a company they may purchase from.
- 58% consider companies that produce video content to be more trustworthy.
- 83% respondents say the ideal length of a video to inform a purchase decision is five minutes or less.
- 42% would like to see more product description or service demonstration videos, such as 360 degree views of products.
For more results from the survey, check out the following infographic:
About the research: The report was based on data from an online survey of 1,014 US adults conducted between December 26-30, 2013.
Continue reading "The Power of Video for Businesses [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Traditional Content Marketing Is Broken—Here's How Amplified Marketing Can Fix It
- The Podcast Boom: Audience and Content Trends
- The Content Preferences of B2B Buyers
- A Marketer's Guide to YouTube for Business: Nick Nimmin on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Different Business Teams Distribute Video Content
- The Video Content B2B Buyers Find Most Helpful