Just over half (53%) of marketers say their organization manages five or more technology vendor relationships, and 15% say their company manages 10 or more.
The number of technology vendor relationships varies significantly by the size of the organization: 75% of companies with 1,000-5,000 employees are working with five or more vendors, compared with 33% of companies with 50-99 employees.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 300 US-based marketing executives who work for midsize companies (50-5,000 employees).
- 70% of respondents say marketing has become more challenging despite all the technology solutions available.
- 59% say they need an expert ("mini-CIO") on their team to help manage marketing technology.
2014 Marketing Priorities
Respondents' top priorities in 2014 are as follows:
- Acquiring new customers (87% rate as a high or very high priority)
- Increasing customer retention (86%)
- Increasing brand awareness (80%)
- 79% of respondents say it’s a major or moderate challenge to get customers' attention.
- 72% are having trouble finding their target audiences online.
- 72% say the volume of online content makes it difficult for them to stand out from the crowd.
About the research: The report was based on data from a February 2014 survey of 300 US-based marketing executives who work for midsize companies (50-5,000 employees).
Continue reading "Marketers Feel Overwhelmed by Number of Technology Vendors" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- How to Use Psychology in E-Commerce [Infographic]
- Five Problems That Drive Customer Churn [Infographic]
- The Rise of the Self-Service B2B Buyer
- Five Lessons Marketers Can Learn From Online Reviews
- People's Customer Service Preferences in Times of Crisis [Infographic]
- What B2B Tech Marketers Want From Martech Solutions