Search campaigns perform significantly better when they are managed alongside social campaigns, according to recent research from Marin Software.
Search campaigns that are managed in conjunction with social advertising campaigns on average have 26% higher revenue per click than search campaigns managed in isolation, the analysis of $6 billion worth of marketing programs found.
Moreover, advertisers gain 68% higher revenue per conversion, on average, from their search campaigns when they are managed together with social advertising campaigns.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from global brands that manage their spend through Marin's platform.
- Users who click on an advertiser's search and social ad have an approximately 2x greater conversion rate on average than users who click on a search ad only.
- The impact of a cross-channel touch is even greater when examining social clicks: Users who click on both a search and social ad have a conversion rate approximately 4.5x times higher on average than users who click only on a social ad.
- Users who click on both a search and social ad contribute approximately 2x more revenue per click on average than users who click on only a search ad.
- Again, multichannel touchpoints are even more valuable for social advertising: Users who click on both a search and social ad contribute 4x more revenue per click on average than users who click on a social ad only.
About the research: The report was based on an analysis of $6 billion in annualized ad spend on marketing campaigns run by global brands through Marin's platform.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Search Engine Marketing Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Search Engine Marketing:
- Tech, AI, and Marketing: The Evolution of SEO Strategy
- How to Get SEO Right for Your SaaS Business: Three Strategic Elements
- The 10 Phrases People Use Most When Searching Online [Infographic]
- Top SEO Trends for 2023
- Visual Search for B2B Marketing Success: Olga Andrienko on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Five Ways to Optimize Your Videos for Search [Infographic]