Most active LinkedIn users spend at least three hours per week on the platform, have free accounts, and allow their connections to see the rest of their network, according to a recent report from Wayne Breitbarth/Power Formula.
The 2014 edition of Breitbarth's annual LinkedIn overview was based on data from a survey of 896 active users of the service from around the world. Most respondents (78.8%) have been members of the social network for 2+ years, though 7.4% only joined in the past 12 months.
Below, key findings:
Free vs. Paid
- 81% of users surveyed say they have a free LinkedIn account.
- 18% have paid accounts.
- 1% are not sure.
- 64.3% of respondents say they allow their connections to see the rest of the people in their network.
- 12.8% say they do not.
- 22.9% are not sure.
Number of Connections
- The largest percentage of respondents (25.2%) have between 500-999 connections on LinkedIn.
- 6.8% have fewer than 50 connections.
- 1.5% have more than 10,000 connections.
- 43.2% of respondents spend between 0-2 hours per week on the service on average.
- 26.3% spend between 3-4 hours per week on average.
- 30.6% spend 5+ hours on LinkedIn per week on average.
- 75.7% of respondents say they find the "Who's Viewed Your Profile" feature on LinkedIn helpful.
- 63.3% find the "People You May Know" feature helpful.
- 50.2% like the ability to directly message first-level connections.
- 36.2% of respondents say LinkedIn has been extremely important in helping them grow their network, develop their business, and/or find employment.
- Only 1.5% say the network has not been important at all in helping with these efforts.
For more findings from the survey, check out the following infographic:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 896 active users of the service from around the world.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- Power Up Your B2B Marketing Efforts With Influencer Marketing and Private Communities | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Which Types of Social Media Posts Get the Most Interactions?
- 10 Simple Ways to Get More B2B Leads From Instagram
- How Business Owners Feel About Threads [Infographic]
- How Digital Creators Should Navigate the Metaverse | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- How to Manage Online Comments—And Why You Need a Comment Strategy