Most active LinkedIn users spend at least three hours per week on the platform, have free accounts, and allow their connections to see the rest of their network, according to a recent report from Wayne Breitbarth/Power Formula.
The 2014 edition of Breitbarth's annual LinkedIn overview was based on data from a survey of 896 active users of the service from around the world. Most respondents (78.8%) have been members of the social network for 2+ years, though 7.4% only joined in the past 12 months.
Below, key findings:
Free vs. Paid
- 81% of users surveyed say they have a free LinkedIn account.
- 18% have paid accounts.
- 1% are not sure.
- 64.3% of respondents say they allow their connections to see the rest of the people in their network.
- 12.8% say they do not.
- 22.9% are not sure.
Number of Connections
- The largest percentage of respondents (25.2%) have between 500-999 connections on LinkedIn.
- 6.8% have fewer than 50 connections.
- 1.5% have more than 10,000 connections.
- 43.2% of respondents spend between 0-2 hours per week on the service on average.
- 26.3% spend between 3-4 hours per week on average.
- 30.6% spend 5+ hours on LinkedIn per week on average.
- 75.7% of respondents say they find the "Who's Viewed Your Profile" feature on LinkedIn helpful.
- 63.3% find the "People You May Know" feature helpful.
- 50.2% like the ability to directly message first-level connections.
- 36.2% of respondents say LinkedIn has been extremely important in helping them grow their network, develop their business, and/or find employment.
- Only 1.5% say the network has not been important at all in helping with these efforts.
For more findings from the survey, check out the following infographic:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 896 active users of the service from around the world.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- The Social Networks Used Most by B2B Marketers
- You CAN Use Social Media for B2B (Even in a Pandemic): 'Ultimate Guide to Social Media' Authors Talk With Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Marketers Can Succeed With Instagram Stories [Infographic]
- Your B2B Influencer Strategy: How to Get it Right
- Retargeting on LinkedIn: What B2B Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]