Apple ranked as the top smartphone manufacturer in the time period examined (March through May), with 41.9% of US smartphone subscribers (up 0.6 percentage points from the period ending February).
Samsung ranked second with a 27.8% market share (up 0.8 percentage points), followed by LG (6.5%), Motorola (6.3%), and HTC (5.1%).
Android ranked as the top smartphone operating system in May 2014, with a 52.1% market share, followed by Apple with 41.9% (up 0.6 percentage points from February), Microsoft (3.4%), BlackBerry (2.3%), and Symbian (0.1%).
Facebook ranked as the top smartphone app in May, reaching 76.4% of the app audience, followed by Google Play (51.8%), YouTube (51.7%), and Google Search (49.2%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a combination of panel and census-based measurement methods.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Mobile:
- How to Harness the Power of SMS Marketing: A Guide to Best-Practices
- The State of SMS Marketing in 2023
- Why People Delete Apps From Their Phones
- What Annoys People Most About SMS Marketing
- Four Rules for Riding the Texting Wave Before It's Gone
- How to Perform a Competitive Analysis of the Mobile App Market