However, though the iPhone 5, 5S, and 5C were the most popular smartphones for Web surfing in most of the countries considered, such as the United States, Australia, Japan, and Germany, the iPhone 4 and 4S remained the most popular devices in other countries, such as the United Kingdom.
A major trend in Asia was the significant increase in 2Q14 of mobile Web traffic coming from devices made by local vendors, such as Micromax in India and Xiaomi in China.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on Netbiscuits mobile Web traffic data from nearly one billion page impressions per month during 2Q14.
- The average physical size of mobile phone screens increased in all the countries examined in 2Q14.
- All segments over 4 inches increased in share compared with 1Q14, with the fastest growth coming in the 6-inch-plus category.
- South Koreans are most likely to be using larger screens, though India has the most users of 6-inch-plus screens.
- The average pixels per inch for mobile devices increased in 2Q14. However, the bump was not dramatic, perhaps because hardware vendors are increasingly shying away from competing on resolution.
- The most common screen dimension for the mobile Web traffic examined was 1136 x 640 pixels.
About the research: The report was based on Netbiscuitsmobile Web traffic data from nearly one billion page impressions per month during 2Q14.
Continue reading "Mobile Trends: Most Popular Phones, Screen Sizes, and Resolutions" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Mobile:
- What People Use Their Smartphones for While at Work
- Five SMS Campaigns for B2B Marketers to Try
- How SMS Automation Bridges the Gap Between Your Sales Team and Customers and Supports Digital Transformation
- Audiences' Attitudes Toward Mobile Ads and Apps [Infographic]
- Why B2B Apps Need App Store Optimization Now More Than Ever