July is the next most popular month for starting back-to-school shopping (29.2% of parents surveyed), followed by June (7.8%).
Some 6.6% of parents say they wait until after school starts to begin shopping.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 1,000 parents of school-age children.
How They Shop
- 62.9% of respondents plan to do most of their back-to-school shopping in-store.
- 17.1% plan to do most of their shopping online via a computer; 6.6% online via a tablet; 4.8% online via a smartphone.
- 40.3% of respondents say they are somewhat confident about the current state of the economy.
- 36.8% of respondents are not at all confident.
- 14.7% say they are confident.
- 8.2% are very confident.
Confidence Compared With 2013
- 43.3% of respondents feel the economy is about the same this year compared with last year.
- 27.1% feel the economy is better this year.
- 20.1% feel the economy is worse this year.
For more highlights from the report, check out the infographic:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in June 2014 of 1,000 US parents of school-age children.
Continue reading "Back-to-School Shopping Trends [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- How to Use Psychology in E-Commerce [Infographic]
- Five Problems That Drive Customer Churn [Infographic]
- The Rise of the Self-Service B2B Buyer
- Five Lessons Marketers Can Learn From Online Reviews
- People's Customer Service Preferences in Times of Crisis [Infographic]
- What B2B Tech Marketers Want From Martech Solutions