The report was based on data from a survey of 270 marketing, sales, and business professionals from around the world who use inbound marketing tactics (75% B2B-focused, 25% B2C).
Just under half of respondents (49%) say increasing conversion rates is one of their most important inbound marketing objectives in the next 12 months. A similar number (48%) say improving lead quality is a top goal.
Other key objectives include: Growing sales revenue (46% of respondents cite as important), increasing the quantity of leads (44%), improving brand awareness (31%), and boosting website traffic (29%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Most Effective Tactics
- 59% of respondents say content creation is one of most effective inbound tactics they employ.
- 54% say search engine optimization is effective.
- Just 38% of respondents cite social media as one of the most effective inbound tactics.
Most Difficult Tactics
- Content creation, in addition to being one the most effective tactics, is also seen as being one of the most difficult tactics to execute (54% of respondents cite as difficult).
- Other top challenges include: Integrating inbound tactics (39% cite as difficult), search engine optimization (30%), and website design optimization (26%).
- 69% of respondents say their inbound marketing efforts are "somewhat successful"; 23% say they are "very successful"; and 8% say they are "not successful."
- 46% say one of their biggest obstacles is the lack of an effective strategy.
- 41% say the inability to properly tackle content creation is a top challenge.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 270 marketing, sales, and business professionals from around the world who use inbound marketing tactics (75% B2B-focused, 25% B2C).
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Five Tips for Enhancing the B2B Customer Experience to Generate More Sales
- It's Time for Chief Market Officers to Play Offense
- The Three Key Types of Influencer Marketing Campaigns [Infographic]
- A New Way of Working Remotely: Email and IM Aren't Enough
- Your Messaging Framework: What It Is, Why You Need One, and How to Build It