More than half of marketers surveyed (51%) cited strategy issues when asked to list the major factors preventing them from fully achieving their digital marketing goals.
Budget constraints were the second most cited obstacle (picked by 38% of respondents); lack of training/experience was next (32%), followed by inability to prove ROI (30%), and useless metrics/analytics (25%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 333 digital marketers from around the world (65% based in North America; 17% in Europe; 18% other). More than two-thirds (69%) of respondents work for B2B-focused companies.
- 62% of respondents rate their digital marketing efforts as somewhat successful; 27% as very successful; 9% somewhat unsuccessful; 2% very unsuccessful.
- 71% of respondents say the effectiveness of their digital marketing efforts is improving.
Most Effective Tactics, and the Easiest
- Some 54% of respondents rate email as one of their most successful digital marketing tactics; 48% rate websites as a top tactic; 47% search engine optimization; 43% social media.
- Email is also seen as a relatively easy digital marketing tactic to execute, with only 11% of respondents rating it as one of the most difficult channels.
- Digital marketers rate social media as the most difficult tactic to execute, followed by content creation.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 333 digital marketers from around the world (65% based in North America; 17% in Europe; 18% other). More than two-thirds (69%) of respondents work for B2B-focused companies.
Continue reading "The Biggest Obstacles to Digital Marketing Success" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Four Benchmarks of an Agency's Life Cycle—And How to Profit From Them
- How to Spark Customer Delight in Unexpected Places
- 15 Data Fallacies to Avoid [Infographic]
- What Will a Cookieless Future Look Like Five Years On?
- How Cookie Loss Is Affecting Enterprise Marketing Strategies
- How Superior Product Experiences Can Fuel Exceptional Customer Experiences: Three Considerations