Most enterprise marketers (88%) say they are already using digital retargeting to re-engage users who haven't converted or purchased on initial visits, according to a recent report from Marin Software.
Moreover, of those marketers who do not currently retarget, more than half (56%) say they plan to start within the next 12 months.
The most popular channel for retargeting is display advertising (81% of marketers who retarget use); next is search (77%), followed by social (48%), mobile (32%), and video (21%).
The most popular tools for retargeting come from Google, with 89% of marketers who retarget using the company's Remarketing Lists for Search Ads (RLSA) and/or the Google Display Network (GDN).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 233 enterprise marketers.
- Half of the marketers surveyed say they do not have a dedicated budget for retargeting.
- 51% report spending 10% or less of their total marketing budget on retargeting.
- More than half respondents expect to increase their retargeting budgets across search, social, and display over the next 12 months.
- Marketers who retarget campaigns across multiple channels see significantly better performance compared with advertisers who only retarget within a single channel.
- For example, in a three-month test conducted by Marin, marketers who simultaneously retargeted on Facebook and display platforms enjoyed higher click-through rates on both channels compared with a cohort of similar marketers who retargeted only on each channel.
- 43% of respondents say understanding and attributing performance across different channels is one of their top three challenges with retargeting.
- 31% say getting sufficient list volume is a major challenge, and 25% struggle with results' not meeting expectations.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 233 enterprise marketers.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- A New Way of Working Remotely: Email and IM Aren't Enough
- Your Messaging Framework: What It Is, Why You Need One, and How to Build It
- Marketing Just Became Invaluable: A New Revenue Marketing Model for a New World
- How Marketing and Comms Can Team Up on Earned Media [Infographic]
- Three Steps to Better Marketing and Sales Alignment