Some 69% of senior marketers at enterprise companies anticipate an increase in digital spend beyond inflation in 2015, and only 6% foresee a decrease, according to a recent report from Teradata and Econsultancy.
On the other hand, only 48% expect increases beyond inflation in traditional marketing budgets in 2015, and 29% who expect decreases, the study found.
Enterprise marketers expect digital budgets to increase roughly 10% annually for the next five years, with average digital spend reaching 40% of total budgets by 2019, according to the report.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on a survey conducted in July 2014 of 402 senior marketers from global organizations. All respondents were with companies with more than $500 million in revenue (56% with revenues over $3 billion).
2014 vs. 2015 Budgets
- In 2014, display and search accounted for the largest share of enterprise marketers' budgets on average (17% and 16% respectively).
- Content creation was the third biggest spend (15% of digital budgets on average), followed by websites (14%) and email (11%).
- 34% of enterprise marketers expect significant increases in mobile spend in 2015.
- 19% expect significant increases in content marketing spend next year.
- Although 16% of respondents expect significant increases on SEO, 14% also expect significant decreases, making SEO the only digital channel with more than 10% of enterprise marketers expecting reductions.
- Respondents listed attribution systems, marketing clouds, and audience management systems as the top three near-term priorities for technology not currently in use at their organizations.
- 18% of enterprise marketers are planning to evaluate email management systems in the next 12 months, a high number compared with other mature technologies and an indicator of the channel's continued importance.
About the research: The report was based on a survey conducted in July 2014 of 402 senior marketers from global organizations. All respondents were with companies with more than $500 million in revenue (56% with revenues over $3 billion).
Continue reading "Enterprises' Top Digital Marketing Priorities for 2015" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Three Ways to Optimize Your B2B Direct Marketing Program in 2021
- What Are You Going to Do About Your Outdated B2B Buyer Personas?
- Wonderfully Weird Ideas: Scott Trobaugh and Cliff Lewis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create Successful B2B Relationships
- Senior Marketers Are (Very) Optimistic About the US Economic Outlook