Moreover, the number of active brands—those that posted at least once in 3Q14—almost doubled since 3Q12, with 73% of brands posting at least one photo or video per week to Instagram in 3Q14.
Monthly engagement (likes and comments) also grew rapidly in the past 12 months—up almost 12x since 3Q12.
- Posts by the brands examined garnered 216 comments on average in 3Q14.
- The majority of Instagram comments on brand posts happen quickly (75% within the first 48 hours, on average), though for high-performing posts comment volume peaks later and the posts have a much longer shelf-life.
- The average caption in 3Q14 was 138 characters long, including hashtags.
- Posts that included another user handle in the caption had 56% more engagement.
- There is no statistically significant correlation between caption length and engagement, the analysis found.
- 88% of brand posts in 3Q14 included at least one hashtag.
- 91% of posts included seven or fewer hashtags.
- Posts with at least one hashtag averaged 12.6% more engagement.
About the research: The report was based on 3Q14 data from the Instagram accounts of the Interbrand 100.
Continue reading "Instagram Benchmark Data From 100 Top Brands" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- The Benefits of LinkedIn for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- Five Useful LinkedIn Hashtags for Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Succeed With Video on 6 Popular Social Networks [Infographic]
- How to Make Sure Your Social Media Strategy Succeeds: Take a Cross-Discipline Approach
- Five Strategies to Increase Your Social Media Conversions