Some 61% of senior marketers say they have some form of mobile strategy implemented or in development, but few believe they have managed to fully integrated mobile into their overarching marketing plan, according to a recent report from the CMO Council and SAS.
The survey of 250 marketing leaders found only 17% believe their mobile strategy is already fully integrated into their overall marketing plan, with an additional 44% indicating that integration is in progress.
Moreover, 39% of respondents say they have either not tried to integrate their mobile strategy or do not have a mobile strategy to begin with.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Nearly two-thirds (64%) of respondents believe mobile is a critical channel for engaging customers.
Of those who do not believe mobile is critical:
- 48% say mobile is not central to their marketing and engagement strategies.
- 28% think mobile is simply a campaign and not a strategy.
- 24% admit mobile is an area of confusion in their organization and has no clear owner.
- 75% of respondents who are currently using mobile tactics have mobile-optimized sites.
- 66% have launched at least one mobile app.
- 56% are targeting mobile search.
- 53% have tried outbound SMS/MMS campaigns.
- 49% of respondents measure mobile performance via click and response rates.
- 41% measure mobile content consumption.
- 40% use app downloads as a success metric.
About the research: The report was based on data from survey of 250 marketing leaders conducted by the CMO Council.
Continue reading "The State of Mobile Marketing Strategy" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Mobile:
- How SMS Automation Bridges the Gap Between Your Sales Team and Customers and Supports Digital Transformation
- Audiences' Attitudes Toward Mobile Ads and Apps [Infographic]
- Why B2B Apps Need App Store Optimization Now More Than Ever
- The Most Effective Marketing Tactics for Driving App Installs
- Text Marketing: 2020's Digital Disruptor