B2B buyers consider short, text-based content most useful at the beginning of the sales cycle, and time-intensive content types (videos, detailed guides, etc.) most useful right before making a decision, according to a recent report from Eccolo Media.
The report was based on data from a survey of 100 plus people at B2B companies who are either responsible for buying decisions (67% of respondents) or influence buying decisions (33%).
Respondents came from a mix company sizes (34% enterprises; 36% mid-market; 29% small businesses) and had a range of titles (24% C-level executives; 23% managers; 22% directors; 10% vice presidents; 4% developers).
Among the key findings of the survey:
- Blogs and newsletters are most valued by B2B buyers early in the sales cycle, when they are starting to learn about a topic and evaluate products/vendors.
- Whitepapers are most valued in the beginning and middle parts of the sales cycle, when buyers are attempting to understand a problem.
- Videos, webinars, and detailed tech guides are most useful toward the end of the cycle, when buyers are considering specific vendors and finalizing selection.
- 80% of buyers want to continue to receive content after a sale is completed.
For more insights from the report, check out the infographic:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 100 plus people at B2B companies who are either responsible for buying decisions (67% of respondents) or influence buying decisions (33%).
Continue reading "The Best Content Types for Each Stage of the B2B Sales Cycle [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Account-Based Podcasting: The New ABM
- How to Overcome B2B Content Marketing Challenges During the Pandemic
- Audio Marketing: From Radio to Clubhouse [Infographic]
- 20 Content Stats Modern Marketers Should Know [Infographic]
- How to Create Better Content by Conducting Better Interviews: Jay Acunzo of '3 Clips' on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]