The report, which was the second in a series, was based on data from a survey of 100 people responsible for influencing or making B2B technology buying decisions (33% influencers; 67% decision makers).
More than half of respondents (57%) said they had looked at product brochures/data sheets from B2B technology vendors in the past six months, the most engagement with any content type.
Other commonly consumed content types include: Emails from vendors (52% have read in the past six months), white papers (52%), competitive vendor worksheets (42%), and case studies/success stories (42%).
The least consumed content types are eBooks (24%) and podcasts (24%).
Product brochures/data sheets are also seen as the most influential content type on decision-making, with 39% of respondents ranking them as one of the top five most persuasive assets.
Other content types ranked as being very influential include: White papers (33% rank as a top five asset type), case studies/success stories (31%), detailed technology guides (23%), and competitive vendor worksheets (22%).
The content types seen as being least influential on buying decisions are eBooks (7%) and tweets (4%).
Other key findings from the report include:
- 48% of B2B tech buyers say they only consume 2 - 5 content assets before making a decision.
- The same percentage of buyers (52%) consume emails and white papers from vendors, but white papers are seen as being much more influential on the decision-making process.
For more insights from the report, check out the infographic:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 100 people responsible for influencing or making B2B technology buying decisions (33% influencers; 67% decision makers).
Continue reading "Content Types Valued Most by B2B Tech Buyers [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Five Quick Video SEO Tips to Help More People Find Your Content
- The 4Es of Video: How to Align Your Marketing Content Strategy With Buyer Expectations
- The State of Video Marketing in 2021 [Infographic]
- 12 Key Digital Content Distribution Channels [Infographic]
- How to Make Your Brand's Storytelling More Compelling