The report, which was the second in a series, was based on data from a survey of 100 people responsible for influencing or making B2B technology buying decisions (33% influencers; 67% decision makers).
More than half of respondents (57%) said they had looked at product brochures/data sheets from B2B technology vendors in the past six months, the most engagement with any content type.
Other commonly consumed content types include: Emails from vendors (52% have read in the past six months), white papers (52%), competitive vendor worksheets (42%), and case studies/success stories (42%).
The least consumed content types are eBooks (24%) and podcasts (24%).
Product brochures/data sheets are also seen as the most influential content type on decision-making, with 39% of respondents ranking them as one of the top five most persuasive assets.
Other content types ranked as being very influential include: White papers (33% rank as a top five asset type), case studies/success stories (31%), detailed technology guides (23%), and competitive vendor worksheets (22%).
The content types seen as being least influential on buying decisions are eBooks (7%) and tweets (4%).
Other key findings from the report include:
- 48% of B2B tech buyers say they only consume 2 - 5 content assets before making a decision.
- The same percentage of buyers (52%) consume emails and white papers from vendors, but white papers are seen as being much more influential on the decision-making process.
For more insights from the report, check out the infographic:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 100 people responsible for influencing or making B2B technology buying decisions (33% influencers; 67% decision makers).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Four Steps to Stronger B2B Case Studies: Bob Wiesner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Eight Approaches for Coming Up With Great Infographic Ideas [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Avoid the Bane of Boring Content
- How to Level-Up Your Content Marketing With a Topic-Cluster Plan
- Small Business Content Marketing Trends for 2022
- 16 Tips for Becoming a Better Content Writer [Infographic]