Some 62% of small businesses surveyed cite word-of-mouth/customer referrals as a top 3 marketing strategy, by far the highest endorsement level of any tactic.
Other strategies considered effective include email (34% rank it as a top 3 tactic), networking (25%), social media (23%), search engine marketing (14%), and content marketing (13%).
Television/radio ads are viewed as the least effective marketing strategy, with just 2% of respondents ranking them in the top 3.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 408 small business Infusionsoft customers (50% B2C-focused; 28% B2B; 22% mixed).
Attitudes Toward Common Business Activities
- Regarding business-related tasks, respondents say they most enjoy serving customers and developing products.
- The least-liked activities are administrative, human resources, and financial.
- 55% say finding enough time to get everything done is a huge business challenge.
- 43% struggle with managing everything themselves.
- 40% say finding enough money to invest in their ideas is a huge challenge.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 408 small business Infusionsoft customers (50% B2C-focused; 28% B2B; 22% mixed).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Three Event-Marketing Trends to Drive Business and Keep Attendees Safe in a COVID Era
- How Direct Mail Can Cut Through the Pandemic Marketing Clutter (And How to Obtain Those Valuable Home Addresses)
- Marry Brand and Demand to Unleash the Full Power of Personalization in ABM
- The Information Sources B2B Tech Buyers Most Rely On
- Seven Things Ruining Your B2B Marketing Budget—And How to Fix Them
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.