More than one-third (38%) of marketers plan to shift spend from traditional advertising to digital advertising in 2015, with more B2C marketers (42%) planning to move spend to digital than B2B marketers (34%).
The top 5 digital areas marketers plan to allocate more budget on are social media advertising (70% plan to increase spend), social media marketing (70%), social media engagement (67%), location-based mobile tracking (67%), and mobile applications (66%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey conducted in October and November 2014 of 5,053 marketers from around the world (56% B2C-focused; 44%, B2B).
Channels and Strategies
- Corporate websites, social media, and SEO/SEM are the most used digital channels/strategies by the marketers surveyed.
- Email marketing, social media advertising, and social media listening are rated as the most effective channels/strategies.
- 32% of marketers say revenue growth is a top metric used to gauge marketing success.
- 30% say customer satisfaction is one of their top metrics.
Some 27% of marketers surveyed rank new business development, generating quality leads, and remaining current with marketing trends among their top 3 most pressing business challenges.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in October and November 2014 of 5,053 marketers from around the world (56% B2C-focused; 44% B2B).
Continue reading "2015 Digital Marketing Budgets: Top Priorities, Metrics, and Challenges" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Reimagining B2B Customer Experience: A Post-Pandemic Path Forward
- How to Use ABM Tactics to Support Sales and Influence Buying Committee Decisions
- B2B Enterprise Marketing Strategy in a Pandemic World: Chris Brogan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Outcomes Are In: Why Outcome-Based Marketing Is So Successful
- How to Survey Attendees to Improve Your Virtual Event Strategy [Sample Questions and Metrics]