Some 62% of brand marketers say they use two or more marketing agencies to support their business, a 13 percentage point decrease from 2009, when 75% said they used two or more agencies, according to a recent report from RSW/US.
The report was based on data from from a December 2014 survey of 123 senior level brand marketers and 158 marketing agency executives.
More than half (56%) of brand marketers surveyed say they have been consolidating the number of agencies they use recently, whereas 44% say they have been adding more specialty agencies.
Moreover, 63% of brand marketers say they expect the trend of consolidating the number of agencies used to continue over the next one to two years.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Some 79% of agency marketers say the landscape is much more competitive today than three to four years ago; 68% of agency marketers said so in 2013.
Some 84% of brand marketers say it is somewhat or very important for digital-only firms to do more than just digital to remain relevant.
Planned Marketing Investment
- 51% of marketers say they will somewhat or heavily increase their spending on marketing and advertising in 2015.
- 62% of agency marketers say their clients will somewhat or heavily increase marketing and advertising spend in 2015.
About the research: The report was based on data from from a December 2014 survey of 123 senior-level brand marketers and 158 marketing agency executives.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Saturated Marketing Tech Landscape: The Case for Consolidation
- Navigating the Marketing AI Landscape of 2024: Four Trends
- Martech 2024: Three Trend Predictions
- How to Gain Managerial Approval for Your Go-to-Market Strategy
- Fundamental Change Is Coming to B2B Marketing in 2024
- Knuckle Down in 2024: Three Predictions for Tough B2B Marketers