Some 62% of brand marketers say they use two or more marketing agencies to support their business, a 13 percentage point decrease from 2009, when 75% said they used two or more agencies, according to a recent report from RSW/US.
The report was based on data from from a December 2014 survey of 123 senior level brand marketers and 158 marketing agency executives.
More than half (56%) of brand marketers surveyed say they have been consolidating the number of agencies they use recently, whereas 44% say they have been adding more specialty agencies.
Moreover, 63% of brand marketers say they expect the trend of consolidating the number of agencies used to continue over the next one to two years.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Some 79% of agency marketers say the landscape is much more competitive today than three to four years ago; 68% of agency marketers said so in 2013.
Some 84% of brand marketers say it is somewhat or very important for digital-only firms to do more than just digital to remain relevant.
Planned Marketing Investment
- 51% of marketers say they will somewhat or heavily increase their spending on marketing and advertising in 2015.
- 62% of agency marketers say their clients will somewhat or heavily increase marketing and advertising spend in 2015.
About the research: The report was based on data from from a December 2014 survey of 123 senior-level brand marketers and 158 marketing agency executives.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Avoid These Six 'Kisses of Death' in Business Development to Keep Your Marketing Funnel Alive
- A Privacy-First World Won't Hurt Your Customer Relationships, It Will Transform Them: Kipp Bodnar on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What B2B Tech Marketers Are Doing in 2022 [Infographic]
- How to Use Buyer Reviews in B2B Marketing
- Event-Led Growth, A Powerful B2B Marketing Strategy: Mark Kilens on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- NFTs: From Collectibles to Brand Engagement