The report was based on data from Global Web Index's panel of Internet users age 16-64 from 31 countries (China excluded). Panelists were asked about their habits on four major social networks: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Google+.
Some 81% of panelists are Facebook members, the most of any of the four social networks examined. Facebook also has the highest percentage of active users (42% of panelists).
However, YouTube has the most monthly visitors (i.e., people who do not necessarily log in) of the four networks. Some 82% of panelists say they visited YouTube in the previous month.
YouTube also has the most visitors in all regions tracked (the Americas, EMEA, and APAC), Global Web Index found.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How to Find a Perfect Audience on Social Media [Infographic]
- Creating B2B Social Media Content That Fuels Human Connections: Brooke Sellas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create a Social Media Style Guide in Five Steps
- The Magical Combination of B2B Marketing and Instagram: Jenn Herman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Where Influencers Wield the Most Influence [Infographic]
- Four B2B Event Marketing Takeaways From TikTok