One-third of marketers say they do not know which digital marketing tactic has the biggest positive impact on revenue, according to a recent report from Webmarketing123.
The report was based on data from a survey of 600 marketing professionals (a combination of B2B and B2C) based in the United States.
Some 26% of respondents say email is the digital marketing channel with the greatest positive impact on revenue; SEO is second (17%), followed by paid search (15%), social media (5%), and online display advertising (5%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
B2B vs. B2C
Email is the most effective tactic for B2B marketers, with 31% saying it has the biggest impact on revenue.
Paid search is the most effective digital tactic for B2C marketers, with 24% saying it has the biggest impact on revenue.
Some 46% of B2B marketers are not sure whether any social channels have generated revenue for their business.
Most B2C marketers (56%) say Facebook has generated some revenue for their business.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 600 marketing professionals (B2B and B2C) based in the United States.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Marketing Strategy Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Digging in the Wrong Place: Misunderstanding Where SaaS Growth Comes From (Article 1 of 3)
- A Guide to Growth Hacking for Small Businesses [Infographic]
- How to Market Your Agency During a Recession
- The New Customer Journey: How to Reach B2B Buyers in 2023
- In the Age of Automation, Focus on Strategy: Agency Best-Practices
- B2B Influencer Marketing—The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Mike Allton on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]