The report was based on data from a survey of 600 marketing professionals (a combination of B2B and B2C) based in the United States.
Some 26% of respondents say email is the digital marketing channel with the greatest positive impact on revenue; SEO is second (17%), followed by paid search (15%), social media (5%), and online display advertising (5%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
B2B vs. B2C
Email is the most effective tactic for B2B marketers, with 31% saying it has the biggest impact on revenue.
Paid search is the most effective digital tactic for B2C marketers, with 24% saying it has the biggest impact on revenue.
Some 46% of B2B marketers are not sure whether any social channels have generated revenue for their business.
Most B2C marketers (56%) say Facebook has generated some revenue for their business.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 600 marketing professionals (B2B and B2C) based in the United States.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Virtual Event Trends: Businesses' Future Plans and Top Challenges
- Art or Science? The Fate of Data-Driven Marketing
- Four Intent Data Mistakes ABM Newbies Make
- Direct Mail Marketing Trends
- How the Lines Between B2B and B2C Are Blurring [Infographic]
- How Your Ideal Customer Profile Can Focus Marketing Programs for Greater ROI