The report was based on data from a survey of 600 marketing professionals (a combination of B2B and B2C) based in the United States.
Some 26% of respondents say email is the digital marketing channel with the greatest positive impact on revenue; SEO is second (17%), followed by paid search (15%), social media (5%), and online display advertising (5%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
B2B vs. B2C
Email is the most effective tactic for B2B marketers, with 31% saying it has the biggest impact on revenue.
Paid search is the most effective digital tactic for B2C marketers, with 24% saying it has the biggest impact on revenue.
Some 46% of B2B marketers are not sure whether any social channels have generated revenue for their business.
Most B2C marketers (56%) say Facebook has generated some revenue for their business.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 600 marketing professionals (B2B and B2C) based in the United States.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Your Evolving Value Proposition: How to Recognize It and Get Ahead of Agency Competitors
- The State of Digital Marketing for the Manufacturing Industry [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Shift to Buying Groups in Three Months or Less
- Direct Mail Marketing's Top Advantages and Challenges
- How Marketers Can Use Identity Graphs to Understand Their Customers Better
- It's Time to Start Thinking of B2B Marketing as an Investment