The report was based on data collected in 2015 from more than 4,300 US job postings on Indeed.com and Payscale.com. The researchers examined each posting for location, salary, and title information.
New York has the most SEO jobs posted online of any city in the United States, the analysis found. San Francisco has the second-most number of SEO job postings, Chicago is third, followed by San Jose, Seattle, Austin, Los Angeles, Boston, Philadelphia, and Atlanta.
The most common job title with SEO responsibilities that companies are looking for is SEO/Marketing Manager; the next most common title is Account Manager, followed by Director of Marketing and SEO Specialist.
The Director of Marketing job postings examined pay $104,200 per year, on average; SEO/Marketing Manager jobs pay $77,600 per year, on average. Conductor's full SEO salary data by title and city is available in the full report.
About the research: The report was based on data collected in 2015 from more than 4,300 US job postings on Indeed.com and Payscale.com.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The World's 50 Most Influential CMOs in 2020
- Staff Compensation Trends Amid COVID-19 [Infographic]
- 2021 Salary Guide: Pay Forecasts for Marketing, Advertising, and PR Positions
- How to Ask Great Questions at Work [Infographic]
- Where the Ninjas Are: US Cities With the Weirdest Job Titles [Infographic]