More than half (55%) of advertising and marketing executives say they are collaborating more closely with the technology leaders in their company compared with three years ago, according to a recent report from The Creative Group.
Some 39% of marketers say they are collaborating about the same with IT executives compared with three years ago, and only 3% say they are collaborating less closely.
On the other side, 33% of chief information officers (CIOs) say they are collaborating more closely with their marketing counterparts compared with three years ago, 37% say they are collaborating the same amount, and 5% say they are collaborating less closely.
Nearly a quarter (23%) of CIOs surveyed say they are unsure about the level of collaboration or do not work with any marketing and advertising executives.
Asked to name the biggest barrier to IT-Marketing collaboration, the top response among both advertising/marketing executives and CIOs was communication. Project logistics is also a significant challenge, according to both sets of respondents.
Check out the infographic for more insights from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 400 advertising and marketing executives and 2,400 CIOs from US companies with 100 or more employees in 24 metropolitan areas.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 400 advertising and marketing executives and 2,400 CIOs from US companies with 100 or more employees in 24 metropolitan areas.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to General Management:
- Sales and Marketing Alignment Insights, Strategies, and Success Indicators: Matt Heinz on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Choosing the Right Customer Data Platform: A Guide
- The State of AI and Automation in Marketing Operations [Infographic]
- Reduce Friction With a Yearend Marketing Road Map for Smooth Sailing in 2024
- Decoding Effective Communication and Understanding Impactful Connection: Jason Harris on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Build a Great Marketing Team in 2023 | Marketing Smarts Live Show