The report was based on data from an April 2015 survey of 1,000 adults in the United States.
Some 21% of moms would like to receive a massage or spa day for Mother's Day; flowers and a nice meal are the next most-liked gift options (20% each), followed by gift cards (17%), jewelry (14%), and electronics (8%).
Additional findings from the report include the following:
- US adults surveyed plan to spend $120 each, on average, on Mother's Day.
- Women plan to spend about $116, on average, whereas men plan to spend $127.
- People age of 25-34 plan to spend more than any other age group (11% above average).
- People age 45-54 will spend more than any other age group on dinner (8% above average).
- Most US adults surveyed (62%) say they plan to buy flowers for Mother's Day. More men than women (66% vs.58%) plan to buy flowers.
Check out the infographic for more insights:
About the research: The report was based on data from survey conducted in April 2015 of 1,000 adults in the United States.
Continue reading "What Moms Want for Mother's Day [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- People's Customer Service Preferences in Times of Crisis [Infographic]
- What B2B Tech Marketers Want From Martech Solutions
- How to Push Customers Down the Brand Loyalty Funnel
- Why People Really Do What They Do: 'Primal Brain' Author Tim Ash on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Do Customers Trust You? Six Tips for Earning Brand Trust in 2021