Case studies and client success stories are the content types that B2B companies most use, according to a recent report from Starfleet Media.
The report was based on data from a survey of 324 B2B marketers and salespeople from around the world (69% based in North America; 22%, Europe; 9%, other). Respondents work for B2B companies in a wide range of industries, including technology, manufacturing, and business services.
Some 67% of respondents say they have put case studies/client success stories to use as a digital content marketing asset in the previous12 months; other commonly used content types are whitepapers (62% have created), webinars (58%), and e-books (52%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Success and Goals
- 50% of respondents say they have been successful or very successful in achieving their primary objectives for content marketing.
- Top content marketing objectives are generating more leads (92% of respondents cite), raising brand visibility (90%), and generating better leads (87%).
- 91% of respondents say their company has distributed content via sales team outreach in the previous12 months.
- 90% have distributed content via Twitter and 88% have distributed via a blog.
Tools and Services
- 78% of respondents have used website analytics tools in the previous 12 months.
- 73% have used marketing automation solutions.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 324 B2B marketers and salespeople from around the world (69% based in North America; 22%, Europe; 9%, other).
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- The Mechanics of Running a Content-First B2B Marketing Department: Joe Pulizzi on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Promotional Should Marketing Content Be?
- ChatGPT Is Everywhere. Here's How to Keep Your Job.
- Can ChatGPT Write B2B Tech Articles? [Infographic]
- Publication vs. Library: The Two Kinds of Content Strategies [Infographic]
- What Senior Tech Leaders Look for in B2B Content