The report was based on data from a survey of 324 B2B marketers and salespeople from around the world (69% based in North America; 22%, Europe; 9%, other). Respondents work for B2B companies in a wide range of industries, including technology, manufacturing, and business services.
Some 67% of respondents say they have put case studies/client success stories to use as a digital content marketing asset in the previous12 months; other commonly used content types are whitepapers (62% have created), webinars (58%), and e-books (52%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Success and Goals
- 50% of respondents say they have been successful or very successful in achieving their primary objectives for content marketing.
- Top content marketing objectives are generating more leads (92% of respondents cite), raising brand visibility (90%), and generating better leads (87%).
- 91% of respondents say their company has distributed content via sales team outreach in the previous12 months.
- 90% have distributed content via Twitter and 88% have distributed via a blog.
Tools and Services
- 78% of respondents have used website analytics tools in the previous 12 months.
- 73% have used marketing automation solutions.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 324 B2B marketers and salespeople from around the world (69% based in North America; 22%, Europe; 9%, other).
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Tips for Optimizing Your Marketing Videos [Infographic]
- Using Video Testimonials as a Tool for B2B Growth: Alexander Ferguson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Creating Deal-Closing Content: The Pivotal Role of Conversation Intelligence
- The Writing GPS: A Writing Framework That Makes Your Writing Ridiculously Good
- Empowering B2B Marketing Teams With an AI Content Process: May Habib on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- 2023 B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends