The report was based on data from a survey of 324 B2B marketers and salespeople from around the world (69% based in North America; 22%, Europe; 9%, other). Respondents work for B2B companies in a wide range of industries, including technology, manufacturing, and business services.
Some 67% of respondents say they have put case studies/client success stories to use as a digital content marketing asset in the previous12 months; other commonly used content types are whitepapers (62% have created), webinars (58%), and e-books (52%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Success and Goals
- 50% of respondents say they have been successful or very successful in achieving their primary objectives for content marketing.
- Top content marketing objectives are generating more leads (92% of respondents cite), raising brand visibility (90%), and generating better leads (87%).
- 91% of respondents say their company has distributed content via sales team outreach in the previous12 months.
- 90% have distributed content via Twitter and 88% have distributed via a blog.
Tools and Services
- 78% of respondents have used website analytics tools in the previous 12 months.
- 73% have used marketing automation solutions.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 324 B2B marketers and salespeople from around the world (69% based in North America; 22%, Europe; 9%, other).
Continue reading "B2B Content Marketing: Top Tactics, Goals, and Tools" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs resources related to Content.
A case study can be an effective storytelling tool to use in B2B content marketing. Learn why, as well as how to craft one, in this article.
Audio of all types, from podcasts to voice search, is a powerful form of content marketing. If you're not doing it yet, here's how to get started.
Quality is a nebulous concept that can be difficult to define. Not for Google: high-quality content for better search rank depends on specific factors that can be optimized. Here's how to do so for five of them.
Webinars are more prevalent than ever, and that won't change any time soon. To reduce hiccups and improve the experience for attendees, follow these eight tips.
Standing for something is good for business these days. But how do you go beyond merely sharing company values to crafting real thought leadership? Start with a POV blog post.
We've all heard that prospects consume at least 13 pieces of content before making a decision. But does that have to be true anymore? This article discusses why that should change.