The report was based on data from an online survey of 1,012 marketers conducted between November 10 and December 7, 2014. Responses were collected from marketers from around the world.
Some 32% of respondents say the lack of a single customer view is a top challenge to their cross-channel marketing efforts. Other top challenges include technology limitations (31% of respondents cite) and organizational structure (31%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Current State of Cross-Channel Marketing
- 50% of respondents say their marketing efforts are siloed but aligned across channels; 29% say their efforts are coordinated; 17% say their efforts are siloed and unaligned.
- Only 4% of respondents say their company is performing fully integrated cross-channel marketing.
Challenges to a Complete Customer View
- 43% of respondents say one of the top barriers to a complete customer view is poor data quality.
- 39% of respondents say siloed departments is a top challenge to getting a complete customer view.
About the research: The report was based on data from an online survey of 1,012 marketers conducted between November 10 and December 7, 2014. Responses were collected from marketers from around the world.
Continue reading "The Top Barriers to Cross-Channel Marketing" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- How to Meet Customers' New Expectations With Tried-and-True Customer Service Best-Practices
- The Digital Pivot to Online Marketing: Eric Schwartzman on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- 12 Key Benefits of Influencer Marketing for Brands [Infographic]
- Voice-of-the-Customer Data: The Key to Human-Centered CX
- Why Marketing Maturity Needs to Be Top-of-Mind in Today's Digital Landscape