Product brochures are the most common content type created by B2B marketers, but whitepapers deliver the highest-quality leads, according to a recent report from the CMO Council and the NetLine Corporation.
The report was based on data from a survey of 213 senior B2B marketing leaders (primarily located in North America), with 46% working at brands earning more than $1 billion in annual revenue.
Some 84% of respondents say their company creates product brochures; the next most-commonly created content type is slide presentations (79%), followed by whitepapers (78%), and videos (76%).
However, when respondents were asked to select which content types produce great leads, whitepapers come out on top (cited by 24%), followed by videos (22%), analyst reports (22%), and webcasts (22%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 31% of respondents say their demand generation strategy is "someplace in the middle"—effective at times and ineffective at others.
- 29% say their strategy is moderately effective.
- 48% of respondents say a major roadblock to garnering high-quality leads is a lack of content tailored to target audiences.
- 48% also say budget limitations are a significant issue.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 213 senior B2B marketing leaders (primarily located in North America), with 46% working at brands earning more than $1 billion in annual revenue.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- How Being Strategic About Content Development Can Boost Results and Save Time and Money | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Your Thought Leadership Content: Emphasize Experience (Or Pay the Google Penalty)
- Unlocking the Secrets of 'Ridiculously Good Content' | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Publications Don't Want Your AI-Generated Content
- The Art of Interviewing: Four Tips for Conducting Engaging Podcast and Radio Interviews
- Maximizing Your Reach—Key Concerns in Promoting and Amplifying Your Content: James Tennant on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]