Nearly three-quarters of media executives (71%) are concerned about how to most effectively deliver audience through digital, mobile, and social channels, according to a recent report from Active International.
The report was based on data from a survey of 100 interviews with senior management executives at media companies in finance, marketing, and other C-level roles.
Respondents' top priorities for media in 2015 are to reinforce advertising value by emphasizing content (58%) and to develop better digital inventory models (42%).
More than half (52%) of media executives say their company will measurably increase investments in the second half of 2015 to expand their programmatic capabilities.
A significant number of respondents also say their company intends to use technology to expand their mobile advertising (41%) and social media (24%) revenue models.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 79% of executives predict that mergers and acquisitions activity will increase in the second half of 2015, with media companies targeting digital companies for acquisition.
- 66% of respondents say their company has seen pressure on profit margins increase during the past 12 months.
- 71% predict pressure on profits will increase in the next 12 months.
- 63% of respondents say they anticipate the current Upfronts/Newfronts sales model will change within three years.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 100 interviews with senior management executives at media companies in finance, marketing, and other C-level/s roles.
Continue reading "How Media Execs Feel About the Digital Landscape" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- How to Identify What Advertising Strategy Is Best for Your Business: Rebecca Bugger on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Use Interactive Ad Campaigns to Generate Leads
- Five Ways Digital Attribution Can Improve ROAS for CTV/OTT Advertising
- Seven Results-Driven Paid Strategies for B2B Marketing
- Global Spend Trends for Out-of-Home and Cinema Advertising
- Six Out-of-Home Advertising Tactics to Reach B2B Audiences