Nearly three-quarters of media executives (71%) are concerned about how to most effectively deliver audience through digital, mobile, and social channels, according to a recent report from Active International.
The report was based on data from a survey of 100 interviews with senior management executives at media companies in finance, marketing, and other C-level roles.
Respondents' top priorities for media in 2015 are to reinforce advertising value by emphasizing content (58%) and to develop better digital inventory models (42%).
More than half (52%) of media executives say their company will measurably increase investments in the second half of 2015 to expand their programmatic capabilities.
A significant number of respondents also say their company intends to use technology to expand their mobile advertising (41%) and social media (24%) revenue models.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 79% of executives predict that mergers and acquisitions activity will increase in the second half of 2015, with media companies targeting digital companies for acquisition.
- 66% of respondents say their company has seen pressure on profit margins increase during the past 12 months.
- 71% predict pressure on profits will increase in the next 12 months.
- 63% of respondents say they anticipate the current Upfronts/Newfronts sales model will change within three years.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 100 interviews with senior management executives at media companies in finance, marketing, and other C-level/s roles.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising:
- Diversity in Video Ads: Gender, Age, and Ethnicity Benchmarks
- Tough Times Ahead: Global Digital Ad Forecast for 2022-2024
- The End of Third-Party Cookies Is a New Beginning for Digital Advertisers: Arsen Avakian on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Love, Hate, or Indifferent? How People Feel About 6 Common Ad Formats
- The Drivers of the Current Digital Advertising Boom
- It's Time to Embrace Personalization and Education in Your OTT Advertising Model